The AEK Athens stadium is a project with special requirements, which requires increased attention to infrastructure and facilities in order to ensure its safe and uninterrupted operation.
KAFKAS through its specialized departments, the Electrical Panel Manufacturing Unit of Athens and its partners, supplied:
- The Power Distribution Transformers of the Substation of the land
- The main UPS of the stadium
- The entire KNX equipment for the management of the pitch
- The power balancing panels for the field
- The electrical chargers of the field
It also studied, designed and supplied:
The centralized power distribution system through busbars, and also designed, engineered, constructed and supplied:
- The substation’s central medium voltage panels
- The set of the main Low Voltage distribution boards
- All the Low Voltage Main Distribution Sub-panels
- All the electrical switchboards for special requirements (coupling, racing lighting, scoreboards, etc.)
- All the Power Panels of the stadium’s Data Center.
KAFKAS constantly invests in its infrastructure
The new Electrical Panel Manufacturing Unit of KAFKAS Northern Greece, based in Nea Magnesia, Thessaloniki, has 2,500m2 of covered space and can accommodate 15 engineers and 60 craftsmen, who in combination with the latest technology equipment have the ability to support the needs of any project with speed and reliability.
Similarly, the lighting department of KAFKAS supplied all the luminaires that correspond to the lighting design, as well as the central management system.
The selection of the luminaires was based on consistency in terms of study and finding the best economical solution for cutting-edge products. A series of sampling took place in order to arrive at the best luminaire result.
Other factors to consider when specifying luminaires were their compatibility with the BMS management system that manages the overall stadium operations and availability according to the construction schedule.
The safe operation of the field, the lowest possible energy requirement of the equipment as a whole, easy installation of the materials and reduced maintenance requirements were our guideline.
We have supplied:
- Obstacle lights for the protection of aviation
- Building security lights
- Interior lighting (parking, changing rooms, canteens, corridors, etc.) (i.e. all the individual spaces that make up the building volume and have different uses and lighting needs)
- Facade Lighting
- Roof lighting – event lighting, as well as some areas that emerged as the project evolved, such as the elevation of the pillars, the visitor reception area in the South Portico, etc.
The lighting department of KAFKAS is composed by an experienced team of professionals with high expertise in the field of lighting, which can provide, from the beginning to the end of a project, architectural, technical and decorative lighting applications as well as building automation solutions.
More information about HUB Lighting & Innovation by Kafkas, you can find here www.hubkafkas.com
Visit the showrooms of HUB Lighting & Innovation by Kafkas:
• 517 Vouliagmenis Avenue, 163 41 Ilioupoli
Tel: +30 210 9919193 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 296 Leoforos Kifisias, 152 32 Chalandri
Tel: +30 210 6851932 | Email: email@example.com
• Anagnostou Gogoni & Perivolion, Pachiana, 164 52 Chania
Tel: +30 28210 36310 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Palaiokastritsa National Road, Agios Ilias (Potamos), 49100, Corfu
Tel: +30 2661041061 | Email: email@example.com
V. KAFKAS S.A is the top selling Greek company in the market for electrical equipment, lighting, building technology products and energy management solutions. The company’s modern network of 72 stores in Greece and in Cyprus, the Big B2B Customer Service & Management Department, the departments specializing in Lighting, ICT, Energy Solutions, Industry, Shipping and Project Management and the two Switchboard Manufacturing Units in Attiki and Thessaloniki, offer a wide range of innovative products and solutions to its customers. V. KAFKAS S.A’s long experience (over 45 years in the field), its participation in most projects involving new installations and renovations/upgrades of both private and public spaces and infrastructure, make it a reference point for the market it operates in.
Hub Lighting and Innovation by Kafkas, the company’s new conceptual framework, is dedicated to the interaction with lighting, turning it into an experience, as the visitor’s tour is designed to highlight not only luminaires, but different aspects, values and a wide range of applications.